EPS is offering you the opportunity to be assigned a Guide for the duration of the complaint process. A Guide is offered to both the person who is the Reporter of the complaint, and to the person who is the Subject of complaint. Working with a Guide during the complaint process is optional, however a Guide may still check in with you periodically.
Guides are Neutral
Complaint Procedure Guides are members of the EPS Global Ethics Commission (GEC). The GEC is an international and diverse body with 17+ members that serves our global Kundalini Yoga and Sikh Dharma communities in terms of adjudicating complaints against Kundalini Yoga teachers and SDI ministers. In order for Complaint Procedure Guides to remain neutral in their role, they do not participate in the GEC’s deliberations and decision-making processes regarding the complaint.
The role of the guide:
- To serve as a channel of communication between you and EPS
- To provide support and information about the complaint procedure and current status.
- To help walk individuals through what can be an emotional process with understanding.
- To check in with you periodically during the investigation and afterwards
- To be a respectful, supportive and neutral resource
The function of the guide is not:
- To serve as an advocate
- To provide advice or counseling
- To share opinions or recommendations about the result of your process